Narrow escape for CRPF jawans as grenade fails to explode
Srinagar: A CRPF patrol party had a narrow
escape as a grenade, hurled at them by militants, failed to
explode in Pulwama district of south Kashmir on Friday, official
Militants hurled the grenade when the para-military force
personnel were patrolling near the busy Tral Bus stand, 35 kms
from here, around 2 PM, they said.
The grenade, however, failed to explode, they said adding
that it was later defused by experts of the bomb disposal
The area was immediately cordoned off by security forces
but no arrest was immediately made, they said.
The abortive attack by militants comes close on the heels
of the twin grenade strikes in Pulwama district town on
Tuesday, which left nine persons, including two CRPF
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark