Narrow escape for CRPF jawans as grenade fails to explode
Srinagar: A CRPF patrol party had a narrow
escape as a grenade, hurled at them by militants, failed to
explode in Pulwama district of south Kashmir on Friday, official
Militants hurled the grenade when the para-military force
personnel were patrolling near the busy Tral Bus stand, 35 kms
from here, around 2 PM, they said.
The grenade, however, failed to explode, they said adding
that it was later defused by experts of the bomb disposal
The area was immediately cordoned off by security forces
but no arrest was immediately made, they said.
The abortive attack by militants comes close on the heels
of the twin grenade strikes in Pulwama district town on
Tuesday, which left nine persons, including two CRPF
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway