Narrow escape for CRPF jawans as grenade fails to explode
Srinagar: A CRPF patrol party had a narrow
escape as a grenade, hurled at them by militants, failed to
explode in Pulwama district of south Kashmir on Friday, official
Militants hurled the grenade when the para-military force
personnel were patrolling near the busy Tral Bus stand, 35 kms
from here, around 2 PM, they said.
The grenade, however, failed to explode, they said adding
that it was later defused by experts of the bomb disposal
The area was immediately cordoned off by security forces
but no arrest was immediately made, they said.
The abortive attack by militants comes close on the heels
of the twin grenade strikes in Pulwama district town on
Tuesday, which left nine persons, including two CRPF
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre