Narrow escape for CRPF jawans as grenade fails to explode
Srinagar: A CRPF patrol party had a narrow
escape as a grenade, hurled at them by militants, failed to
explode in Pulwama district of south Kashmir on Friday, official
Militants hurled the grenade when the para-military force
personnel were patrolling near the busy Tral Bus stand, 35 kms
from here, around 2 PM, they said.
The grenade, however, failed to explode, they said adding
that it was later defused by experts of the bomb disposal
The area was immediately cordoned off by security forces
but no arrest was immediately made, they said.
The abortive attack by militants comes close on the heels
of the twin grenade strikes in Pulwama district town on
Tuesday, which left nine persons, including two CRPF
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical