Narrow escape for Omar`s wife, 2 children
Kullu(HP): Jammu and Kashmir Chief
Minister Omar Abdullah`s wife and two sons had a narrow escape on Sunday when their raft overturned on the Beas river in this
tourist town in Himachal Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
Payal Abdullah and her sons Zahir and Zamir had no
injuries and are safe and sound, according to SP(Kullu)
Abhishek Dular. The three had come here for rafting.
Dular said to a news agency that the three had their life jackets
on when they embarked on the raft cruise and were quickly
rescued. A securityman had also accompanied them.
The incident at Bhuntar on the outskirts of Kullu
town happened at around 1230 PM.
"There were no injuries to the Abdullah family
members. They were rescued to safety. They are perfectly
fine," Dular said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof