Narrow escape for Omar`s wife, 2 children
Kullu(HP): Jammu and Kashmir Chief
Minister Omar Abdullah`s wife and two sons had a narrow escape on Sunday when their raft overturned on the Beas river in this
tourist town in Himachal Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
Payal Abdullah and her sons Zahir and Zamir had no
injuries and are safe and sound, according to SP(Kullu)
Abhishek Dular. The three had come here for rafting.
Dular said to a news agency that the three had their life jackets
on when they embarked on the raft cruise and were quickly
rescued. A securityman had also accompanied them.
The incident at Bhuntar on the outskirts of Kullu
town happened at around 1230 PM.
"There were no injuries to the Abdullah family
members. They were rescued to safety. They are perfectly
fine," Dular said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'