Narrow escape for Omar`s wife, 2 children
Kullu(HP): Jammu and Kashmir Chief
Minister Omar Abdullah`s wife and two sons had a narrow escape on Sunday when their raft overturned on the Beas river in this
tourist town in Himachal Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
Payal Abdullah and her sons Zahir and Zamir had no
injuries and are safe and sound, according to SP(Kullu)
Abhishek Dular. The three had come here for rafting.
Dular said to a news agency that the three had their life jackets
on when they embarked on the raft cruise and were quickly
rescued. A securityman had also accompanied them.
The incident at Bhuntar on the outskirts of Kullu
town happened at around 1230 PM.
"There were no injuries to the Abdullah family
members. They were rescued to safety. They are perfectly
fine," Dular said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown