Narrow escape for Omar`s wife, 2 children
Kullu(HP): Jammu and Kashmir Chief
Minister Omar Abdullah`s wife and two sons had a narrow escape on Sunday when their raft overturned on the Beas river in this
tourist town in Himachal Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
Payal Abdullah and her sons Zahir and Zamir had no
injuries and are safe and sound, according to SP(Kullu)
Abhishek Dular. The three had come here for rafting.
Dular said to a news agency that the three had their life jackets
on when they embarked on the raft cruise and were quickly
rescued. A securityman had also accompanied them.
The incident at Bhuntar on the outskirts of Kullu
town happened at around 1230 PM.
"There were no injuries to the Abdullah family
members. They were rescued to safety. They are perfectly
fine," Dular said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation