Narrow escape for Omar`s wife, 2 children
Kullu(HP): Jammu and Kashmir Chief
Minister Omar Abdullah`s wife and two sons had a narrow escape on Sunday when their raft overturned on the Beas river in this
tourist town in Himachal Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
Payal Abdullah and her sons Zahir and Zamir had no
injuries and are safe and sound, according to SP(Kullu)
Abhishek Dular. The three had come here for rafting.
Dular said to a news agency that the three had their life jackets
on when they embarked on the raft cruise and were quickly
rescued. A securityman had also accompanied them.
The incident at Bhuntar on the outskirts of Kullu
town happened at around 1230 PM.
"There were no injuries to the Abdullah family
members. They were rescued to safety. They are perfectly
fine," Dular said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital