National Conference condemns Israeli actions in Gaza
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference on Monday condemned the alleged atrocities and "war-crimes" being committed by Israeli forces in Gaza and asked the Muslim world to put up a united face to stop Israeli aggression in Palestine.
"National Conference has condemned in the strongest of terms the atrocities and war-crimes being committed by Israeli forces in Gaza and has expressed solidarity with the people of Palestine," party`s provincial president Nasir Aslam Wani said at a meeting held here to express solidarity with innocent victims of violence and bloodshed in Palestine.
Expressing anguish and pain at the assault on the lives and homes of the people, Wani said the people of Palestine had been suffering untold miseries for decades in the face of Israel`s aggression and ruthless onslaught that does not even spare infants and young children.
He appealed to Muslim countries to come together in the actual condemnation of these atrocities and go beyond formal condemnations and lip-service.
"The Muslim countries should put up a strong and united face and mount pressure on Israel and its allies to immediately stop this aggression in Gaza. Internal bickering and divisions have made the voice of the Muslim world weak and this has emboldened Israel to engage in wanton bloodshed and genocide in Gaza," he added.
The NC provincial president said Israel and its patrons had come together to terrorise and suppress innocent Muslims without any inhibitions.
"It is the Holy Month of Ramzan and in spite of this Israel has waged an unjust and despicable war against the innocent people of Palestine. Even women and children are not being spared. The silence of the international community is shocking and exposes the duality and hypocrisy in today`s world order in its inequitable approach towards human rights in the world," Wani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley