National Conference worker shot dead by militants
Srinagar: Striking for the second time in a fortnight, militants on Saturday shot dead a ruling National Conference worker here.
Bashir Ahmad Bhat, a shopkeeper by profession and National Conference worker, was shot in the head by the militants at Batamaloo while he was leaving home for work,
Bhat was rushed to SMHS hospital where the doctors declared him brought dead.
The assailants fled from the scene after the shooting incident, which triggered panic in the area.
This was second shooting incident in Srinagar city in less than a fortnight.
Militants made an abortive bid on the life of state Rural Development Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar at Nawab Bazaar in old city on December 11.
However, one constable was killed while three others were injured in the attack, which was claimed by Jamiatul Mujahideen outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hillary Clinton unfit to lead US; our way of life is under threat from radical Islam: Donald Trump
- Kathmandu Valley to observe chariot festival today
- Infiltration, terror attacks to figure prominently when Rajnath Singh travels to Pakistan next month
- Majithia defamation case: Arvind Kejriwal gets bail in defamation case in Punjab
- Know why PSU bank employees went on strike on Friday