NC asks MPs to solve snowfall-related problems
Srinagar: As snowfall over the weekend threw life out of gear in Jammu and Kashmir, ruling National Conference today directed party legislators and MPs to remain available to people in their constituencies.
NC general secretary Sheikh Nazir Ahmad directed party
legislators and MPs to stay in their constituencies and fulfil
their obligation towards the people, a statement issued by the
"It is the responsibility of the legislators to work round
the clock and mitigate the problems of the people of their
constituencies," Ahmad said.
He directed district unit chiefs, secretaries and block
presidents to extend a helping hand to the people in
accordance with pro-people policies of the party.
The Kashmir Valley received heavy snowfall, with the
summer capital and Gulmarg resort yesterday recording the
coldest night this winter, leading to the death of two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere