NC attacks BJP for its stand on Article 370
Srinagar: The National Conference today
sharply attacked the BJP for its stand on Article 370 which it
termed as a bridge between Jammu and Kashmir and the rest of
Alleging that BJP had an "anti-Kashmir" policy, the
party claimed it was part of an anti-minority plank of the
main opposition party.
"The sole aim of anti-minority card being played by
BJP is to capture power and its anti-Kashmir policy is part of
that gameplan," NC MPs Mehboob Beg and Sharifuddin Shariq said
in a joint statement here.
The NC leaders said "Article 370 of the Constitution
is a bridge between Kashmir and rest of the country. BJP
leadership is aware of the consequences of its scraping" and
added that the main opposition party did not do so during its
reign at the Centre.
The NC had been part of the BJP-led NDA when it was in
power at the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'