NC blames PDP for imposition of AFSPA in J&K
Srinagar: The National Conference on Monday hit out at the opposition PDP, alleging that its patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed was responsible for the imposition of AFSPA in Jammu and Kashmir.
"AFSPA is the creation of the PDP and people are being punished for the decision taken by Mufti Mohammad Sayeed (who was the Union Home Minister when the law was imposed in the state)," NC state president Nasir Aslam Wani said.
He alleged that the PDP does not want the act to be revoked from Jammu and Kashmir.
Wani said the party is committed to revocation of the AFSPA and will ensure it is done soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt