NC blames PDP for imposition of AFSPA in J&K
Srinagar: The National Conference on Monday hit out at the opposition PDP, alleging that its patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed was responsible for the imposition of AFSPA in Jammu and Kashmir.
"AFSPA is the creation of the PDP and people are being punished for the decision taken by Mufti Mohammad Sayeed (who was the Union Home Minister when the law was imposed in the state)," NC state president Nasir Aslam Wani said.
He alleged that the PDP does not want the act to be revoked from Jammu and Kashmir.
Wani said the party is committed to revocation of the AFSPA and will ensure it is done soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal