NC blames PDP for imposition of AFSPA in J&K
Srinagar: The National Conference on Monday hit out at the opposition PDP, alleging that its patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed was responsible for the imposition of AFSPA in Jammu and Kashmir.
"AFSPA is the creation of the PDP and people are being punished for the decision taken by Mufti Mohammad Sayeed (who was the Union Home Minister when the law was imposed in the state)," NC state president Nasir Aslam Wani said.
He alleged that the PDP does not want the act to be revoked from Jammu and Kashmir.
Wani said the party is committed to revocation of the AFSPA and will ensure it is done soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'