NC calls for demilitarisation of J&K
Srinagar: Favouring sustained dialogue between India and Pakistan to resolve all outstanding issues, ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday said the party favours demilitarisation of the state.
"India and Pakistan should intensify dialogue process so that the entire area (of Jammu and Kashmir) becomes a non-military zone," Additional General Secretary of the party Sheikh Mustafa Kamal said while addressing District`s Working Committee of the party here.
Claiming that no solution can be possible without National Conference being a part of it, Kamal, who is the uncle of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, said that the leadership of India and Pakistan should join hands and understand that dialogue is the only way to resolve the Kashmir issue.
Apparently referring to the separatists, the National Conference leader said "those who have not taken part in the dialogue process so far should also join."
Demanding immediate opening of Sawlakote road linking divided parts of Kashmir, Kamal said the party has always favoured reopening of all the traditional routes with Pakistan for trade.
"Once the traditional routes are open it will create a favourable atmosphere for talks. It will also help business community of both the countries to export and important commodities," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people