NC committed for peace, development of JK: Omar
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said conspiracies being hatched by peace inimical elements will not deter NC from performing its role of steering the state to a new era of peace and development.
"The sinister machinations being hatched by peace inimical elements will not deter National Conference from performing its destined role of steering Jammu and Kashmir to a new era of progress and development," Omar said.
He was speaking at a gathering while welcoming a prominent political activist and an eminent medical practitioner of Akhnoor, Dr Gafoor Ahmed and his supporters, into the party fold here last night.
"It is because of the healthy political environs and sustained peace restored during the past four years that the people, especially the youngsters, are looking towards a better tomorrow," Omar said.
"This odyssey will continue despite impediments being created by vested interests," Omar said.
The chief minister described the National Conference as natural choice for those believing in secular ethos, plurality and single entity of Jammu and Kashmir, saying the party has withstood test of times during most turbulent times.
"With a chequered history of public service during past over seven decades, National Conference has all along strived for unity among the people of the three regions notwithstanding challenge of divisive forces," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read