NC-Cong govt failed to ensure development: PDP
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mehbooba
Mufti on Sunday alleged that the NC-Congress government had failed
to work on the "path for peace and equitable development"
carved out by her party during its rule in Jammu and Kashmir.
"PDP-Congress regime had laid strong foundation of
development in the state but the present regime has miserable
failed to carry forward the agenda of equitable development,
Mufti said while addressing a gathering at Malhar village of
Udhampur assembly segment.
Mufti said that as far as the performance of the
present regime was concerned, it appears only on papers.
"Although we had just 16 members in the assembly, our
party had convinced successive governments in Delhi to
initiate some bold CBMs to restore lasting peace in this
region," she said.
The coalition government under Mufti Muhammad Sayeed
had given a new direction to governance in order to address
all the diverse issues effectively with the result that
successive Prime Ministers could come here and reached out to
the people and understand their problems, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem