NC-Cong govt failed to ensure development: PDP
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mehbooba
Mufti on Sunday alleged that the NC-Congress government had failed
to work on the "path for peace and equitable development"
carved out by her party during its rule in Jammu and Kashmir.
"PDP-Congress regime had laid strong foundation of
development in the state but the present regime has miserable
failed to carry forward the agenda of equitable development,
Mufti said while addressing a gathering at Malhar village of
Udhampur assembly segment.
Mufti said that as far as the performance of the
present regime was concerned, it appears only on papers.
"Although we had just 16 members in the assembly, our
party had convinced successive governments in Delhi to
initiate some bold CBMs to restore lasting peace in this
region," she said.
The coalition government under Mufti Muhammad Sayeed
had given a new direction to governance in order to address
all the diverse issues effectively with the result that
successive Prime Ministers could come here and reached out to
the people and understand their problems, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP