NC-Cong govt failed to ensure development: PDP
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mehbooba
Mufti on Sunday alleged that the NC-Congress government had failed
to work on the "path for peace and equitable development"
carved out by her party during its rule in Jammu and Kashmir.
"PDP-Congress regime had laid strong foundation of
development in the state but the present regime has miserable
failed to carry forward the agenda of equitable development,
Mufti said while addressing a gathering at Malhar village of
Udhampur assembly segment.
Mufti said that as far as the performance of the
present regime was concerned, it appears only on papers.
"Although we had just 16 members in the assembly, our
party had convinced successive governments in Delhi to
initiate some bold CBMs to restore lasting peace in this
region," she said.
The coalition government under Mufti Muhammad Sayeed
had given a new direction to governance in order to address
all the diverse issues effectively with the result that
successive Prime Ministers could come here and reached out to
the people and understand their problems, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’