NC-Cong govt failed to ensure development: PDP
Jammu: Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Mehbooba
Mufti on Sunday alleged that the NC-Congress government had failed
to work on the "path for peace and equitable development"
carved out by her party during its rule in Jammu and Kashmir.
"PDP-Congress regime had laid strong foundation of
development in the state but the present regime has miserable
failed to carry forward the agenda of equitable development,
Mufti said while addressing a gathering at Malhar village of
Udhampur assembly segment.
Mufti said that as far as the performance of the
present regime was concerned, it appears only on papers.
"Although we had just 16 members in the assembly, our
party had convinced successive governments in Delhi to
initiate some bold CBMs to restore lasting peace in this
region," she said.
The coalition government under Mufti Muhammad Sayeed
had given a new direction to governance in order to address
all the diverse issues effectively with the result that
successive Prime Ministers could come here and reached out to
the people and understand their problems, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- OP Jaisha's ordeal: Marathon runner demands enquiry after AFI says she refused to avail energy drinks
- Pokemon Go fever fading in United States
- Big three leaders insist EU not finished after Brexit
- Renault Kwid (1.0-litre) SCe vs Maruti Alto K10 vs Hyundai Eon 1.0-litre - Spec Comparison
- Here's everything you want to know about Yo Yo Honey Singh's upcoming song!