NC, Cong kick start campaign for Legislative Counc
Jammu: The ruling National Conference-Congress alliance on Saturday kick started its campaign for the Legislative Council elections in the state by holding rallies in Kishtwar and Doda districts.
Addressing a gathering of cadres from the two parties, state minister R S Chib and chief minister`s political advisor Devender Singh Rana asked them to work for ensuring success of the two candidates from Jammu division.
Claiming that peace and development prevailed in the state under the leadership of the coalition government, Chib said election of J&K Legislative Council will lay the foundation for the coming Assembly elections in 2014.
He further claimed that both the parties will hand a crushing defeat to their opponents.
Rana, on this occasion, said that the state government has taken "landmark initiatives" and setting up of Panchyati Raj is one such great achievement.
He also termed passing of the Public Services Guarantee Act, State Accountability Commission Act, Right to Information Act and the State Vigilance Commission Act are visionary initiatives to ensure transparency and guarantee delivery of public services to the people in a time bound manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH