NC, Cong kick start campaign for Legislative Counc
Jammu: The ruling National Conference-Congress alliance on Saturday kick started its campaign for the Legislative Council elections in the state by holding rallies in Kishtwar and Doda districts.
Addressing a gathering of cadres from the two parties, state minister R S Chib and chief minister`s political advisor Devender Singh Rana asked them to work for ensuring success of the two candidates from Jammu division.
Claiming that peace and development prevailed in the state under the leadership of the coalition government, Chib said election of J&K Legislative Council will lay the foundation for the coming Assembly elections in 2014.
He further claimed that both the parties will hand a crushing defeat to their opponents.
Rana, on this occasion, said that the state government has taken "landmark initiatives" and setting up of Panchyati Raj is one such great achievement.
He also termed passing of the Public Services Guarantee Act, State Accountability Commission Act, Right to Information Act and the State Vigilance Commission Act are visionary initiatives to ensure transparency and guarantee delivery of public services to the people in a time bound manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday