NC-Congress alliance to continue, hint Rahul, Omar
Budgam: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday hinted that the alliance between their parties will continue beyond the 2014 general elections.
"I am a supporter of Omar. I am a friend of Omar`s. Absolutely, we have a government here together," Rahul told reporters on the sidelines of a function here, 15 kms from Srinagar.
The Congress leader was replying to a question on whether he would campaign for Omar for next year`s polls.
Responding to the same question, Omar said he saw no reason for his party to snap ties with UPA.
"We are committed partners of UPA and we have had a very good relationship with UPA. We see no reason why that should change. It is as simple as that," Omar said.
He, however, said a final decision on the issue will be taken by National Conference president Farooq Abdullah in consultation with coalition partners.
"It (alliance) is not for me to decide. I am not the president of National Conference nor I am the president of Congress party. This decision is left to the President of National Conference. But this obviously is not a decision that he will take on his own. It is a decision which we will take in consultation with the allies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31