NC-Congress govt has let down people: PDP
Jammu: The Omar Abdullah government in Jammu and Kashmir is responsible for letting down the people on all fronts with rampant chaos and confusion now prevailing in the state, Opposition People`s Democratic Party said on Saturday.
"The progress report of the (National Conference-Congress) coalition government presents a very gloomy picture," PDP spokesman Sardar Rangil Singh said in a statement here.
J&K has been plunged into a mess due to mismanagement under the coalition government.
"Achievements of the Omar Abdullah government are only on paper," he said.
In the last five years, the NC-Congress government has done nothing to mitigate the woes of the common masses, Singh added.
"The present regime has failed to connect with the people who have realised that it has become a non-performing liability for them," Singh said.
J&K needs a total change now and with the people`s support, PDP will effect the desired overhaul, he said.
"People`s will can never be ignored or overruled in a democratic system and the movement started by PDP for democracy, empowerment and governance will be taken to its logical conclusion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?