NC-Congress govt has let down people: PDP
Jammu: The Omar Abdullah government in Jammu and Kashmir is responsible for letting down the people on all fronts with rampant chaos and confusion now prevailing in the state, Opposition People`s Democratic Party said on Saturday.
"The progress report of the (National Conference-Congress) coalition government presents a very gloomy picture," PDP spokesman Sardar Rangil Singh said in a statement here.
J&K has been plunged into a mess due to mismanagement under the coalition government.
"Achievements of the Omar Abdullah government are only on paper," he said.
In the last five years, the NC-Congress government has done nothing to mitigate the woes of the common masses, Singh added.
"The present regime has failed to connect with the people who have realised that it has become a non-performing liability for them," Singh said.
J&K needs a total change now and with the people`s support, PDP will effect the desired overhaul, he said.
"People`s will can never be ignored or overruled in a democratic system and the movement started by PDP for democracy, empowerment and governance will be taken to its logical conclusion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM