NC-Congress govt has let down people: PDP
Jammu: The Omar Abdullah government in Jammu and Kashmir is responsible for letting down the people on all fronts with rampant chaos and confusion now prevailing in the state, Opposition People`s Democratic Party said on Saturday.
"The progress report of the (National Conference-Congress) coalition government presents a very gloomy picture," PDP spokesman Sardar Rangil Singh said in a statement here.
J&K has been plunged into a mess due to mismanagement under the coalition government.
"Achievements of the Omar Abdullah government are only on paper," he said.
In the last five years, the NC-Congress government has done nothing to mitigate the woes of the common masses, Singh added.
"The present regime has failed to connect with the people who have realised that it has become a non-performing liability for them," Singh said.
J&K needs a total change now and with the people`s support, PDP will effect the desired overhaul, he said.
"People`s will can never be ignored or overruled in a democratic system and the movement started by PDP for democracy, empowerment and governance will be taken to its logical conclusion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!