NC criticises Sharma`s remark, says it stands for J-K unity
Srinagar: Terming the `azadi` statement of
senior Congress leader and state health minister Sham Lal
Sharma as "unfortunate", the ruling National Conference on Wednesday
said that it always stood for the integrity of Jammu and
Kashmir and equitable development.
"NC has always stood for the integrity of Jammu and
Kashmir and for equitable development of all regions and sub-
regions of the state and its stand on the subject is
absolutely clear and there is no change in it whatsoever," a
statement issued by the ruling party said here.
Reacting to Sharma`s controversial statement on the
state`s trifurcation, the NC said "the content and the context
of the statement of Sharma is a matter to be deliberated and
discussed by the Congress High Command."
"NC has refrained from commenting on his controversial
speech but linking it with National Conference or its
leadership is absolutely unwarranted and uncalled for," the
"It is unfortunate attempt by the Congress leader to
link his statement to the statement of party MLA Mustafa
Kamal," it added.
Sharma, who stirred a controversy by advocating
`azadi` for Kashmir, separate statehood for Jammu and Union
territory status for Ladakh last week, had accused NC leader
NC leader Mustafa Kamal of spewing "venom against the Congress
"If we do not adhere this principle (of coalition
dharma), the forces who want union territory for Ladakh,
separate state for Jammu and autonomous Kashmir will gain
momentum in their nefarious game. So I urged the Congress
rally to be conscious how best their interests can be
safeguarded," Sharma had said.
The NC said Kamal never made any remark or statement
challenging the integrity of the state and was admonished
publicly by party president Farooq Abdullah recently for
making certain remarks about the Congress-NC relationship of
"The party president categorically told Kamal in
public not to make any statement on the historical perspective
of the relationship between the two parties in the larger
interest of the smooth functioning of the present coalition
government and the welfare of the state," the release said.
It said the National Conference-Congress coalition
under the leadership of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah is
running very smoothly and working for the welfare and well
being of the people of the state.
"National Conference leadership has time and again
reiterated its gratitude to the UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi
and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the support extended by
the Congress High Command in the running of the coalition in
the state and the party is committed to the smooth functioning
of the coalition in the state," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA