NC for fair distribution of relief in quake-hit areas
Jammu: Asserting that the ruling National Conference (NC) is for fair distribution of quake relief, the party today urged the state administration to assess the property damage caused in Chenab Valley districts enabling sufferers to register their objections, if any.
"This will help in dispelling apprehensions and misgivings among sufferers, as also maintaining checks and balances in distribution of relief. NC is for fair distribution of quake relief," said National Conference provincial president Devender Singh Rana while addressing public meetings at Paryote, Khaleni, Goha, Humble, Kalhota in the Marmat area of Doda district.
Rana said, transparency is imperative in distribution of relief to ensure that it reaches genuine and deserving people and called for impartiality in distribution of assistance.
"More than politics, at this hour of crisis they need care and compassion," he said adding that the National Conference workers have been asked to suspend their political activities for a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply