NC for fair distribution of relief in quake-hit areas
Jammu: Asserting that the ruling National Conference (NC) is for fair distribution of quake relief, the party today urged the state administration to assess the property damage caused in Chenab Valley districts enabling sufferers to register their objections, if any.
"This will help in dispelling apprehensions and misgivings among sufferers, as also maintaining checks and balances in distribution of relief. NC is for fair distribution of quake relief," said National Conference provincial president Devender Singh Rana while addressing public meetings at Paryote, Khaleni, Goha, Humble, Kalhota in the Marmat area of Doda district.
Rana said, transparency is imperative in distribution of relief to ensure that it reaches genuine and deserving people and called for impartiality in distribution of assistance.
"More than politics, at this hour of crisis they need care and compassion," he said adding that the National Conference workers have been asked to suspend their political activities for a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'