NC for fair distribution of relief in quake-hit areas
Jammu: Asserting that the ruling National Conference (NC) is for fair distribution of quake relief, the party today urged the state administration to assess the property damage caused in Chenab Valley districts enabling sufferers to register their objections, if any.
"This will help in dispelling apprehensions and misgivings among sufferers, as also maintaining checks and balances in distribution of relief. NC is for fair distribution of quake relief," said National Conference provincial president Devender Singh Rana while addressing public meetings at Paryote, Khaleni, Goha, Humble, Kalhota in the Marmat area of Doda district.
Rana said, transparency is imperative in distribution of relief to ensure that it reaches genuine and deserving people and called for impartiality in distribution of assistance.
"More than politics, at this hour of crisis they need care and compassion," he said adding that the National Conference workers have been asked to suspend their political activities for a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical