NC had made J&K a begging bowl: PDP
Srinagar: Accusing ruling National
Conference of making Jammu and Kashmir a "begging bowl",
opposition People`s Democratic Party on Friday said it will use
democratic means to highlight the "bitter truth about Kashmir
under the present coalition".
"PDP will use all permissible democratic means like any
other political party to continue to hold public
demonstrations, street protests and awareness campaigns to
highlight the bitter truth about Kashmir under the present
coalition," PDP General Secretary Showkat Gayoor said in a
He said his party would continue to utilise the
democratic space to channelise the aspirations of the people
and highlight their problems.
"It is because of National Conference and its anti people
policies that we are facing acute problem of electricity
forcing our state to become a begging bowl," he said.
He said the government must understand that by trying to
silence demands and voices of dissent through "force and
draconian methods", it was pushing the state into a "dangerous
"Under the present scenario, the ruling party is in no
position to demand reduction of troops or revocation of AFSPA
as it is completely dependent on official repression for its
survival," he said.
He said even after the visit of the all party
parliamentary delegation to the state last year and
announcement of eight-point agenda by centre, the state
government had not taken a single step towards rebuilding
confidence of the people in country’s democratic system or
creating conditions for their participation in the resolution
Strongly opposing the government policy, the PDP leader
asked the National Conference to be a part of solution rather
than becoming an "impediment and part of problem by unleashing
terror on people, arresting innocents, denying civil liberties
and pushing the state into another cycle of disturbances."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video