NC had made J&K a begging bowl: PDP
Srinagar: Accusing ruling National
Conference of making Jammu and Kashmir a "begging bowl",
opposition People`s Democratic Party on Friday said it will use
democratic means to highlight the "bitter truth about Kashmir
under the present coalition".
"PDP will use all permissible democratic means like any
other political party to continue to hold public
demonstrations, street protests and awareness campaigns to
highlight the bitter truth about Kashmir under the present
coalition," PDP General Secretary Showkat Gayoor said in a
He said his party would continue to utilise the
democratic space to channelise the aspirations of the people
and highlight their problems.
"It is because of National Conference and its anti people
policies that we are facing acute problem of electricity
forcing our state to become a begging bowl," he said.
He said the government must understand that by trying to
silence demands and voices of dissent through "force and
draconian methods", it was pushing the state into a "dangerous
"Under the present scenario, the ruling party is in no
position to demand reduction of troops or revocation of AFSPA
as it is completely dependent on official repression for its
survival," he said.
He said even after the visit of the all party
parliamentary delegation to the state last year and
announcement of eight-point agenda by centre, the state
government had not taken a single step towards rebuilding
confidence of the people in country’s democratic system or
creating conditions for their participation in the resolution
Strongly opposing the government policy, the PDP leader
asked the National Conference to be a part of solution rather
than becoming an "impediment and part of problem by unleashing
terror on people, arresting innocents, denying civil liberties
and pushing the state into another cycle of disturbances."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know