NC has eroded democratic inst in J-K: Mufti
Jammu: PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Saturday
slammed Jammu and Kashmir`s ruling NC-Congress coalition
saying the government had "eroded" democratic institutions in
the state through its "gimmicks and misdeeds".
"The present NC-Congress regime, through its gimmicks and
misdeeds, has eroded the sanctity and credibility of
democratic institutions in the state," Sayeed said, addressing
a public meeting in Samba district today.
He accused the government of "undermining" democratic
institutions, including the Assembly, local bodies and the
Panchayati Raj institutions.
"Instead of strengthening these democratic institutions,
the present government has been indulging in undemocratic
means to undermine the role of elected representatives," he
The former Chief Minister said the NC`s promises of
empowering Panchayats in the state remained "mere assurances
"Over nine months have passed since the completion of
the Panchayat elections but no step has been taken so far to
conduct elections in local bodies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past