NC has plunged J&K into unprecedented crisis since 2009: Mufti
Jammu: People`s Democratic Party (PDP) today said the ruling National Conference-led government has plunged Jammu and Kashmir into unprecedented crisis since 2009 and the regime has become synonymous to chaos and uncertainty.
"After formation of the National Conference(NC)-led government in 2009, the state has plunged into unprecedented crisis and the regime has lost its credibility and has become synonymous to chaos and uncertainty," PDP patron and former Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said here.
Addressing a function to welcome senior Congress leader Hamid Chowdhary who joined PDP here today, Mufti said eliminating corruption and improving quality and efficiency of governance in Jammu and Kashmir is his party`s top priority.
"Apart from political uncertainty, the state is also suffering from governance crisis for the past five years," he said while pointing towards the failure of the present regime on all fronts.
Mufti said there is widespread public recognition of the fact that credible leadership and pro-people agenda of PDP had positively transformed the State`s political, economic and developmental landscape after 2002.
Seeking people`s to fulfil unfinished agenda of PDP, Mufti said "The state`s political and economic transformation started by the PDP-led coalition government in 2002, has to be taken to its logical conclusion."
"Attaining power is not the only aim of PDP. We, with the support of the people, want to change the present ineffective system", he said, adding that it is PDP`s aim to establish a system where every sections of the society would get equal opportunities of development.
Terming PDP as a movement to change destiny of the people, Mufti said his party has emerged as a strong and credible voice of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened