NC has plunged J&K into unprecedented crisis since 2009: Mufti
Jammu: People`s Democratic Party (PDP) today said the ruling National Conference-led government has plunged Jammu and Kashmir into unprecedented crisis since 2009 and the regime has become synonymous to chaos and uncertainty.
"After formation of the National Conference(NC)-led government in 2009, the state has plunged into unprecedented crisis and the regime has lost its credibility and has become synonymous to chaos and uncertainty," PDP patron and former Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said here.
Addressing a function to welcome senior Congress leader Hamid Chowdhary who joined PDP here today, Mufti said eliminating corruption and improving quality and efficiency of governance in Jammu and Kashmir is his party`s top priority.
"Apart from political uncertainty, the state is also suffering from governance crisis for the past five years," he said while pointing towards the failure of the present regime on all fronts.
Mufti said there is widespread public recognition of the fact that credible leadership and pro-people agenda of PDP had positively transformed the State`s political, economic and developmental landscape after 2002.
Seeking people`s to fulfil unfinished agenda of PDP, Mufti said "The state`s political and economic transformation started by the PDP-led coalition government in 2002, has to be taken to its logical conclusion."
"Attaining power is not the only aim of PDP. We, with the support of the people, want to change the present ineffective system", he said, adding that it is PDP`s aim to establish a system where every sections of the society would get equal opportunities of development.
Terming PDP as a movement to change destiny of the people, Mufti said his party has emerged as a strong and credible voice of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees