NC hopes of resolution of J&K issue through talks
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference today expressed hope that India and Pakistan will address Jammu and Kashmir issue to the satisfaction of all stakeholders through dialogue.
"We appreciate the recent talks between Pakistan`s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Indian Prime Minister Narenda Modi towards laying a foundation for building confidence (and) as a step forward in resolving the outstanding issues.
"We hope that the burning issue of Jammu and Kashmir, which has been a major reason for tension between the two countries, shall be addressed to the satisfaction of all stake holders," a resolution passed by NC at the meeting of its Central Working Committee read.
Another resolution passed at the nine-hour meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, said the party will continue to strive for integrity and special status of Jammu and Kashmir.
"National Conference stands for the unity, integrity and the special status of Jammu and Kashmir and shall continue to strive for this noble cause of defending its secular character. The party believes in unity among all the regions of the state above caste, creed, colour and geographical boundaries.
"We further resolve that we shall continue to work in this direction and vehemently defeat the ill designs of the forces that are hell bent to weaken the secular credentials of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We resolve and stand by our commitment that Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh is a single entity exemplifying unity in diversity, and shall defend the same by defeating the disintegrative forces," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog