NC hopes of resolution of J&K issue through talks
Srinagar: Ruling National Conference today expressed hope that India and Pakistan will address Jammu and Kashmir issue to the satisfaction of all stakeholders through dialogue.
"We appreciate the recent talks between Pakistan`s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Indian Prime Minister Narenda Modi towards laying a foundation for building confidence (and) as a step forward in resolving the outstanding issues.
"We hope that the burning issue of Jammu and Kashmir, which has been a major reason for tension between the two countries, shall be addressed to the satisfaction of all stake holders," a resolution passed by NC at the meeting of its Central Working Committee read.
Another resolution passed at the nine-hour meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, said the party will continue to strive for integrity and special status of Jammu and Kashmir.
"National Conference stands for the unity, integrity and the special status of Jammu and Kashmir and shall continue to strive for this noble cause of defending its secular character. The party believes in unity among all the regions of the state above caste, creed, colour and geographical boundaries.
"We further resolve that we shall continue to work in this direction and vehemently defeat the ill designs of the forces that are hell bent to weaken the secular credentials of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We resolve and stand by our commitment that Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh is a single entity exemplifying unity in diversity, and shall defend the same by defeating the disintegrative forces," it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!