NC leaders among ten prominent activists to join Congress
Jammu: Ten prominent activists, including some ruling National Conference (NC) leaders on Monday joined the Congress in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
They joined the Congress in the presence of senior party leader and Inderwal MLA GM Saroori at a function in Chatroo tehsil of the district, a party release said.
The activists reposed their faith in the leadership of Saroori and pledged that the party`s programmes and policies would be taken to the people across Inderwal constituency.
Predicting defeat of NC and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2014 elections due to their "duplicity and anti-people policies", Saroori said the process of the degeneration of the parties has already begun.
He said joining of NC leader Saleem Wani and others will strengthen the Congress and will help achieve the party`s agenda of making the state politically vibrant.
"If close associate of NC leaders are leaving, it proves everyone has understood that NC is just an illusion only to hoodwink people with emotive and false propaganda," he said.
Speaking on the occasion, Saleem Wani said he and his colleagues have decided to join the Congress due to the policies and programmes of the party.
He said the visionary agenda of the Congress is the only practical and viable solution of all problems faced by the people of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery