NC leaders among ten prominent activists to join Congress
Jammu: Ten prominent activists, including some ruling National Conference (NC) leaders on Monday joined the Congress in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir.
They joined the Congress in the presence of senior party leader and Inderwal MLA GM Saroori at a function in Chatroo tehsil of the district, a party release said.
The activists reposed their faith in the leadership of Saroori and pledged that the party`s programmes and policies would be taken to the people across Inderwal constituency.
Predicting defeat of NC and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2014 elections due to their "duplicity and anti-people policies", Saroori said the process of the degeneration of the parties has already begun.
He said joining of NC leader Saleem Wani and others will strengthen the Congress and will help achieve the party`s agenda of making the state politically vibrant.
"If close associate of NC leaders are leaving, it proves everyone has understood that NC is just an illusion only to hoodwink people with emotive and false propaganda," he said.
Speaking on the occasion, Saleem Wani said he and his colleagues have decided to join the Congress due to the policies and programmes of the party.
He said the visionary agenda of the Congress is the only practical and viable solution of all problems faced by the people of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state