‘NC leader`s killing shows militants` frustration’
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said the killing of National Conference leader in the city was evident of mounting frustration among militants.
"The influence of militancy (in the state) has waned... Militants` growing frustration is evident in the fact that they are hitting at soft targets...We will make all effort to finish militancy from the state," he told reporters here.
National Conference block president Abdul Rehman Ganie was shot dead yesterday by two motorcycle-borne militants while he was leaving home to offer Friday prayers at Natipora in the suburbs of the city.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources