NC-led coalition government is direction-less: Mufti
Jammu: Terming the National Conference (NC) -Congress coalition government as direction-less, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday observed that the two parties had entered into an alliance without any programme or policy.
"NC-Congress coalition government is direction-less. Both parties have entered into alliance without formulating any programme or policy to run the government," PDP patron and former chief minister Mufti Mohmmad Sayeed said while addressing a gathering here.
Despite running a coalition government, the partners don?t have consensus on vital issues pertaining to the state, he alleged.
"Just to grab the power, the NC and Congress entered into an alliance without forming the Common Minimum Programme and evolving consensus on important issues," Mufti said.
Mufti called upon the people to compare the the PDP-Congress regime`s performance with decades long mis-governance of successive National Conference led regimes.
"As far as the performance of the present alliance is concerned, it appears only on papers and nothing concrete is visible on ground," he said.
Pointing to various development projects started during his tenure, Mufti said it was during his regime that widening of roads in Jammu city was done besides developing a number of parking slots in the heart of the city.
He also highlighted a water supply scheme project and a comprehensive sanitation plan funded by the Asian Development Bank during the PDP-led regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state