NC-led govt misleading people on AFSPA: J&K BJP
Jammu: The BJP today accused the National Conference led state government of double speak on AFSPA, saying while it has publicly denounced the Army over the issue, the ruling coalition was largely dependent on the services of armed forces.
"The government publicly demands withdrawal of Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and on the other side it pleads before the Centre that several districts of state are still militancy infested," BJP`s J-K Chief spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
"The NC-Congress government in Jammu and Kashmir should come up with a clear policy on the issue," he said.
The BJP leader claimed that the Jammu and Kashmir government was largely dependent on the services of armed forces in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row