NC-led govt misleading people on AFSPA: J&K BJP
Jammu: The BJP today accused the National Conference led state government of double speak on AFSPA, saying while it has publicly denounced the Army over the issue, the ruling coalition was largely dependent on the services of armed forces.
"The government publicly demands withdrawal of Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and on the other side it pleads before the Centre that several districts of state are still militancy infested," BJP`s J-K Chief spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
"The NC-Congress government in Jammu and Kashmir should come up with a clear policy on the issue," he said.
The BJP leader claimed that the Jammu and Kashmir government was largely dependent on the services of armed forces in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999