NC-led govt misleading people on AFSPA: J&K BJP
Jammu: The BJP today accused the National Conference led state government of double speak on AFSPA, saying while it has publicly denounced the Army over the issue, the ruling coalition was largely dependent on the services of armed forces.
"The government publicly demands withdrawal of Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and on the other side it pleads before the Centre that several districts of state are still militancy infested," BJP`s J-K Chief spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
"The NC-Congress government in Jammu and Kashmir should come up with a clear policy on the issue," he said.
The BJP leader claimed that the Jammu and Kashmir government was largely dependent on the services of armed forces in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump