NC-led govt misleading people on AFSPA: J&K BJP
Jammu: The BJP today accused the National Conference led state government of double speak on AFSPA, saying while it has publicly denounced the Army over the issue, the ruling coalition was largely dependent on the services of armed forces.
"The government publicly demands withdrawal of Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and on the other side it pleads before the Centre that several districts of state are still militancy infested," BJP`s J-K Chief spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
"The NC-Congress government in Jammu and Kashmir should come up with a clear policy on the issue," he said.
The BJP leader claimed that the Jammu and Kashmir government was largely dependent on the services of armed forces in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster