NC-led govt misleading people on AFSPA: J&K BJP
Jammu: The BJP today accused the National Conference led state government of double speak on AFSPA, saying while it has publicly denounced the Army over the issue, the ruling coalition was largely dependent on the services of armed forces.
"The government publicly demands withdrawal of Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) and on the other side it pleads before the Centre that several districts of state are still militancy infested," BJP`s J-K Chief spokesperson Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
"The NC-Congress government in Jammu and Kashmir should come up with a clear policy on the issue," he said.
The BJP leader claimed that the Jammu and Kashmir government was largely dependent on the services of armed forces in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir