NC MP demands probe into Shopian killings
Srinagar: Lok Sabha MP of ruling National Conference, Mehboob Beig on Thursday demanded an immediate probe into the death of five persons allegedly in the firing by security forces in Shopian town of south Kashmir.
"I demand immediate and impartial probe into the Shopian killings so that severe punishment is handed down to the culprits," Beig said in a statement here.
Four persons were killed allegedly in a CRPF firing in Shopian town on Saturday, while a youth was killed yesterday when security forces opened fire to disperse protestors who were demanding removal of CRPF camp from Gagran and arrest of the personnel involved in the firing.
Expressing grief over the two incidents in South Kashmir town, National Conference leader said the "action of the (security) forces was inhumane."
He appealed to the Centre "to reconsider its Kashmir policy for restoring shaken confidence of Kashmiris."
"If the centre government does not have a serious relook on its (Kashmir) policy, the little confidence and faith left among Kashmiris will vanish completely," Beig said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble