NC MP demands probe into Shopian killings
Srinagar: Lok Sabha MP of ruling National Conference, Mehboob Beig on Thursday demanded an immediate probe into the death of five persons allegedly in the firing by security forces in Shopian town of south Kashmir.
"I demand immediate and impartial probe into the Shopian killings so that severe punishment is handed down to the culprits," Beig said in a statement here.
Four persons were killed allegedly in a CRPF firing in Shopian town on Saturday, while a youth was killed yesterday when security forces opened fire to disperse protestors who were demanding removal of CRPF camp from Gagran and arrest of the personnel involved in the firing.
Expressing grief over the two incidents in South Kashmir town, National Conference leader said the "action of the (security) forces was inhumane."
He appealed to the Centre "to reconsider its Kashmir policy for restoring shaken confidence of Kashmiris."
"If the centre government does not have a serious relook on its (Kashmir) policy, the little confidence and faith left among Kashmiris will vanish completely," Beig said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town