NC MP demands probe into Shopian killings
Srinagar: Lok Sabha MP of ruling National Conference, Mehboob Beig on Thursday demanded an immediate probe into the death of five persons allegedly in the firing by security forces in Shopian town of south Kashmir.
"I demand immediate and impartial probe into the Shopian killings so that severe punishment is handed down to the culprits," Beig said in a statement here.
Four persons were killed allegedly in a CRPF firing in Shopian town on Saturday, while a youth was killed yesterday when security forces opened fire to disperse protestors who were demanding removal of CRPF camp from Gagran and arrest of the personnel involved in the firing.
Expressing grief over the two incidents in South Kashmir town, National Conference leader said the "action of the (security) forces was inhumane."
He appealed to the Centre "to reconsider its Kashmir policy for restoring shaken confidence of Kashmiris."
"If the centre government does not have a serious relook on its (Kashmir) policy, the little confidence and faith left among Kashmiris will vanish completely," Beig said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio