NC MP demands probe into Shopian killings
Srinagar: Lok Sabha MP of ruling National Conference, Mehboob Beig on Thursday demanded an immediate probe into the death of five persons allegedly in the firing by security forces in Shopian town of south Kashmir.
"I demand immediate and impartial probe into the Shopian killings so that severe punishment is handed down to the culprits," Beig said in a statement here.
Four persons were killed allegedly in a CRPF firing in Shopian town on Saturday, while a youth was killed yesterday when security forces opened fire to disperse protestors who were demanding removal of CRPF camp from Gagran and arrest of the personnel involved in the firing.
Expressing grief over the two incidents in South Kashmir town, National Conference leader said the "action of the (security) forces was inhumane."
He appealed to the Centre "to reconsider its Kashmir policy for restoring shaken confidence of Kashmiris."
"If the centre government does not have a serious relook on its (Kashmir) policy, the little confidence and faith left among Kashmiris will vanish completely," Beig said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WATCH: SPINE-CHILLING! Goldberg makes WWE debut, spears The Rock!
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments
- Nepali PM KP Sharma Oli appears likely to lose no-confidence vote