NC never allowed democracy to flourish in J&K: PDP
Pura: Accusing National Conference of
not allowing democracy to flourish in Jammu and Kashmir, PDP
on Sunday claimed it could alone provide an alternative to people
by strengthening democratic institutions at the grassroots.
"NC leadership has never allowed democracy to flourish in
Jammu and Kashmir because this political party has brazenly
used undemocratic means to remain in power", PDP Patron and
former CM Mufti Mohmmad Sayeed said addressing a
public meeting here.
Charging Omar Abdullah government with eroding democratic
institutions like the Assembly, urban local bodies and
Panchayati Raj Institutions during the last three years,
he said that almost one year has passed after elections but no
decision has been taken so far to conduct elections of the
Block Samities and Zila Samities.
"Civic bodies elections were scheduled to be held in
the month of February 2010 but the government has been
delaying the elections" as it is not interested in delegating
powers at the grassroots, he said.
"Formation of PDP in the year 1999 was the turning poin
in the history of Jammu and Kashmir because, in a short span
of time, PDP has earned credibility of the people of Jammu and
Kashmir and the party has been emerged as biggest political
force of the state", he said.
"I don?t want to praise ourselves but it a historical
fact that it was PDP that had revived confidence of the people
of the State in the democratic institutions", he said.
"From 1947 to 2002, NC had never allowed strengthening
of democratic institutions in the State because instability in
the system as well as in the State suits this party", he
observed and asserted that PDP has challenged domination of NC
and changed political discourse of the state through its
visionary and pro-peace policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'