NC not a political party, but a movement: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Wednesday said National Conference (NC) is not a mere political party, but a movement with well-defined political agenda for a modern and model state.
"NC is a movement rather than a mere political party. A well-defined political agenda for a modern and model Jammu and Kashmir is its bulwark," Omar said while addressing party legislators from Srinagar district and office bearers here.
"Workers of NC are epitome of sacrifice and selfless service who have withstood all challenges and proven their loyalty towards people, party and its leadership," he said.
Omar, who is also the working president of NC, said the party will contest next year`s Assembly elections on its political and development agenda.
"Sher-i-Kashmir Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah transferred `a peoples` movement` to us in the shape of NC and we have to nurture it in the same form," he said.
Omar said, NC has always stood on firm political and inclusive development programme and will continue to strengthen the ideology of peaceful, secular, democratic and unified Jammu and Kashmir.
The party`s objective has never been power but dignity and development of the state and people, he said.
"We do not deceive people by emotional blackmailing, slogans, falsehood, bias and creating hatred between various regions and sections of the society for votes," Omar said.
Terming Srinagar as the stronghold of NC`s philosophy and political agenda, the Chief Minister said, people of the state`s summer capital have suffered deeply for their wholehearted affiliation to the party.
"There have been conspiracies against you in the past. A political party (PDP) tried its best to shift Srinagar to Parihaspora to revenge and avenge people of Srinagar for supporting the NC," he alleged.
Referring to Srinagar`s isolation on development front during PDP`s rule, Omar said, in the past four and half years, whatever was possible has been done to compensate Srinagar for the past discrimination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!