NC not a political party, but a movement: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Wednesday said National Conference (NC) is not a mere political party, but a movement with well-defined political agenda for a modern and model state.
"NC is a movement rather than a mere political party. A well-defined political agenda for a modern and model Jammu and Kashmir is its bulwark," Omar said while addressing party legislators from Srinagar district and office bearers here.
"Workers of NC are epitome of sacrifice and selfless service who have withstood all challenges and proven their loyalty towards people, party and its leadership," he said.
Omar, who is also the working president of NC, said the party will contest next year`s Assembly elections on its political and development agenda.
"Sher-i-Kashmir Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah transferred `a peoples` movement` to us in the shape of NC and we have to nurture it in the same form," he said.
Omar said, NC has always stood on firm political and inclusive development programme and will continue to strengthen the ideology of peaceful, secular, democratic and unified Jammu and Kashmir.
The party`s objective has never been power but dignity and development of the state and people, he said.
"We do not deceive people by emotional blackmailing, slogans, falsehood, bias and creating hatred between various regions and sections of the society for votes," Omar said.
Terming Srinagar as the stronghold of NC`s philosophy and political agenda, the Chief Minister said, people of the state`s summer capital have suffered deeply for their wholehearted affiliation to the party.
"There have been conspiracies against you in the past. A political party (PDP) tried its best to shift Srinagar to Parihaspora to revenge and avenge people of Srinagar for supporting the NC," he alleged.
Referring to Srinagar`s isolation on development front during PDP`s rule, Omar said, in the past four and half years, whatever was possible has been done to compensate Srinagar for the past discrimination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy