NC organises debate to create awareness about Article 370
Jammu: With an aim to create awareness about Article 370, which grants special status to Jammu and Kashmir, National Conference on Friday organised a day-long debate on the importance of its provisions at Sher-e-Kashmir Bhawan here.
"Today`s programme is part of a series of events by NC to generate awareness among the people about Article 370 and its importance, and to thwart machinations of those hoodwinking people and creating unfounded apprehensions to polarise public opinion," NC Provincial president Devender Singh Rana said.
"While Article 370 serves as a bridge between the state and the country, the permanent resident law is a steel frame that stands guarantee for maintaining and preserving the special and distinct identity of the three regions of Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh," Rana said at the programme.
Rana dared the critics of Article 370 to debate the provision with him and prove how it is detrimental to the interests of the people of the state.
He alleged that deliberate attempts were being made to vitiate the atmosphere in the state. Slamming the BJP for communalising politics, he said his party would not allow its designs to succeed in J&K.
"We are inheritors of the great legacy of Sher-e-Kashmir Sheikh Mohammed Abdullah that has been nurtured by Farooq Abdullah and Omar Abdullah. This spirit will continue to guide the people of this state towards attainment of their political destination," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena