NC organises debate to create awareness about Article 370
Jammu: With an aim to create awareness about Article 370, which grants special status to Jammu and Kashmir, National Conference on Friday organised a day-long debate on the importance of its provisions at Sher-e-Kashmir Bhawan here.
"Today`s programme is part of a series of events by NC to generate awareness among the people about Article 370 and its importance, and to thwart machinations of those hoodwinking people and creating unfounded apprehensions to polarise public opinion," NC Provincial president Devender Singh Rana said.
"While Article 370 serves as a bridge between the state and the country, the permanent resident law is a steel frame that stands guarantee for maintaining and preserving the special and distinct identity of the three regions of Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh," Rana said at the programme.
Rana dared the critics of Article 370 to debate the provision with him and prove how it is detrimental to the interests of the people of the state.
He alleged that deliberate attempts were being made to vitiate the atmosphere in the state. Slamming the BJP for communalising politics, he said his party would not allow its designs to succeed in J&K.
"We are inheritors of the great legacy of Sher-e-Kashmir Sheikh Mohammed Abdullah that has been nurtured by Farooq Abdullah and Omar Abdullah. This spirit will continue to guide the people of this state towards attainment of their political destination," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez