NC, PDP speaking language of separatists: BJP
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir unit of BJP on Friday alleged that both National Conference and Peoples Democratic Party were working on the "diktats of the separatists" and speaking their language.
Taking strong exception to Pakistan passing a resolution demanding return of mortal remains of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru to his family, BJP state spokesperson Jitendra Singh alleged that NC and PDP are also sticking to the same stand.
"Both, NC and PDP, are working under the diktats of Pakistan-sponsored separatists and that is why they speak exactly the same language," said Singh.
He alleged that there was a nexus between NC, PDP, the separatist forces in Kashmir and the Pakistan Government.
"Pakistan National Assembly resolution condemning the hanging of Afzal Guru and demanding return of his body to his relatives has clearly exposed the dubious nexus shared by the ruling NC and PDP with the Kashmir separatists," Singh said.
"It should not be difficult to judge as to what was the motivation and compulsion behind the eagerness of both the NC and the PDP to bring a resolution on similar lines in the JK Legislative Assembly," he added.
Singh, who is also BJP`s national executive member, attacked the Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for not being present at the wreath laying ceremony of the slain CRPF jawans, who were killed in Wednesday`s attack in Bemina area of Srinagar.
Questioning NC`s demand for revocation of Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA), Singh said: "If the CM and other leaders are genuinely convinced about improvement in security scenario, they should first set an example by surrendering their personal security."
Meanwhile, BJP state secretary Bali Bhagat condemned the cane-charge by JK Police on BJP activists yesterday and said that the government should immediately order a high-level inquiry to fix the responsibility against the erring police officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened