‘NC pursuing removal of AFSPA from peaceful areas’
Jammu: The ruling National Conference is
pursuing removal of AFSPA from areas in Jammu and Kashmir
where peace has returned, Union minister Farooq Abdullah said
"My party is pursuing removal of AFSPA from areas where
peace has returned," the NC president and Union minister for
New and Renewable Energy told a party convention in Rajouri
district, some 180-km from here.
"AFSPA will be removed gradually in view of perceptible
improvement in the security scenario." Abdullah said.
Asserting Panchayats will be given plenary powers, he
said full empowerment of these institutions is imperative to
make them excellent centres of public services.
Urging people to avail benefits of renewable energy
schemes, the NC president asked panchs and sarpanchs to
identify villages which could be covered under these
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa