NC resolution declares Sheikh as national hero
Jammu: Members of ruling National Conference
in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday made a strong demand in Legislative Council for declaring former Chief Minister Sheikh Abdullah as
national hero and grant of Bharat Ratna to him.
NC MLC Bashir Ahmed Shah submitted the resolution
demanding the house resolves that "keeping in view the
contribution of the Sher-e-Kashmir in bringing socio-economic
reforms in the state, he should be declared a national hero."
His vision and philosophy of Hindu, Muslim, Sikh unity be
incorporated in the syllabus and text books of Jammu and
Kashmir state board of school education, he demanded.
Speaking on the issue, Deputy Chairman of Legislative
Council, M Y Taing, who has worked closely with Sheikh,
demanded that he should be granted Bharat Ratna for his
work for the state and country.
NC Members - Sheikh Ghulam Rasool, Khalid Najeeb
Suharwardy, Dharam Bir Singh Oberoi, Ajay Sadhotra and Javid
Rana also highlighted the role and contribution of the leader
in the socio political development of the state.
They also demanded conferring Bharat Ratna upon him.
Later the Member withdrew his resolution after the assurance
from the government.
Minister for Medical Education R S Chib told Legislative
Council that government would recommend inclusion of vision
and philosophy of the Sheikh in syllabus and text books of J-K
board of school education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH