NC top brass to meet to discuss strategy for J&K Assembly polls
Srinagar: National Conference`s Central Working Committee (CWC) is meeting here on Wednesday to discuss strategy for the upcoming Assembly polls in Jammu and Kashmir.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who is the working president of National Conference, has called the CWC meeting on June 18 at the party headquarters at Nawa-e-Subah Complex, a party release said.
"The meeting is being called to discuss various important measures and party`s overall strategy for the upcoming Assembly polls," the release said.
All the six Lok Sabha candidates of NC and its coalition partner Congress including two Union ministers - Ghulam Nabi Azad and Farooq Abdullah - lost to the candidates of Peoples Democratic Party and BJP, who shared three seats each in the state.
Meanwhile, NC held a special Provincial Working Committee meeting for Kashmir Province at the party headquarters here and adopted several resolutions including the one to pledge "unflinching and unfaltering" faith in the leadership of party president Farooq Abdullah and working president Omar Abdullah.
In another resolution, the party appreciated the state government for changes in the recruitment and employment policy, meeting the genuine demands of Rehbar-e-Taleem teachers, enhancing the retirement age of government employees from 58 to 60 years and increasing the upper age limit of eligibility to apply for government jobs from 37 to 40 years, the party said.
Party general secretary and Urban Development Minister A M Sagar, who chaired the meeting, said the leadership was committed to a good performance of the party in the upcoming Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees