NC top brass to meet to discuss strategy for J&K Assembly polls
Srinagar: National Conference`s Central Working Committee (CWC) is meeting here on Wednesday to discuss strategy for the upcoming Assembly polls in Jammu and Kashmir.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who is the working president of National Conference, has called the CWC meeting on June 18 at the party headquarters at Nawa-e-Subah Complex, a party release said.
"The meeting is being called to discuss various important measures and party`s overall strategy for the upcoming Assembly polls," the release said.
All the six Lok Sabha candidates of NC and its coalition partner Congress including two Union ministers - Ghulam Nabi Azad and Farooq Abdullah - lost to the candidates of Peoples Democratic Party and BJP, who shared three seats each in the state.
Meanwhile, NC held a special Provincial Working Committee meeting for Kashmir Province at the party headquarters here and adopted several resolutions including the one to pledge "unflinching and unfaltering" faith in the leadership of party president Farooq Abdullah and working president Omar Abdullah.
In another resolution, the party appreciated the state government for changes in the recruitment and employment policy, meeting the genuine demands of Rehbar-e-Taleem teachers, enhancing the retirement age of government employees from 58 to 60 years and increasing the upper age limit of eligibility to apply for government jobs from 37 to 40 years, the party said.
Party general secretary and Urban Development Minister A M Sagar, who chaired the meeting, said the leadership was committed to a good performance of the party in the upcoming Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand