NC trampling all institutions to accomplish its goals: Mufti
Jammu: Referring to the recent entrance exam papers leak, the opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Sunday charged the National Conference (NC) government with trampling all institutions to accomplish its nefarious designs.
"Meritorious and deserving people of the state are the worst victims due to erosion of the sanctity of institutions in Jammu and Kashmir," former Chief Minister and PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said, adding "the present dispensation headed by NC has brazenly trampled all institutions just to accomplish its nefarious designs".
Addressing a rally to welcome a large number of activists from Other Backward Classes (OBCs) who joined PDP here this afternoon, Mufti said social justice is possible only by strengthening democratic institutions.
How poor and meritorious students will get justice when the sanctity of institutions like the Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) is also eroded and illegal means were adopted to accommodate undeserving candidates? he asked.
He expressed surprise that a person, who is reported to be the main accused in this scam, has been given extension after extension by the present regime.
Mufti said during the past five years all institutions have been systematically bulldozed by this regime just to fulfil its own evil designs. He said the Congress was equally responsible for depriving the people of Jammu and Kashmir of their legitimate democratic rights.
"...The NC is notorious for undermining sanctity of democratic institutions in the state but it is very unfortunate that the Congress, which is part of the present government, is also playing dubious role," he said. He charged the government with failure to strengthen Panchayati Raj institutions or to hold civic bodies elections in the state.
Referring repeated statements by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on the implementation of the 73rd and 74th Amendments of the Constitution, Mufti said Congress leaders were giving statements only for public consumption, but they were not serious in strengthening democracy at the grassroots.
Reiterating his party`s resolve to work for the growth of socio-economically weaker sections, Mufti said the empowerment and uplift of marginalised lot of the society was main agenda of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das