NC will again fight from three LS seats from Kashmir
Srinagar: Union minister Farooq Abdullah and two other sitting MPs of National Conference will seek re-election from the three Lok Sabha seats from Kashmir during the Parliamentary polls scheduled next year.
Abdullah announced the decision at a function organised to observe the 108th birth anniversary of the party founder Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah at Hazratbal on the outskirts of Srinagar Thursday.
While Abdullah had won the 2009 parliamentary polls from Srinagar-Budgam Lok Sabha seat, Sharif-ud-din Shariq and Mehbooba Beig had emerged victorious from north and south Kashmir seats, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside