NC worker death: Azad asks Opp to accept jud probe
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday said the opposition
parties should be satisfied with the judicial probe ordered by
the Jammu and Kashmir government into the alleged custodial
death of a ruling National Conference worker.
Party General Secretary and Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said judicial probe should be "acceptable" to the
"That (judicial) probe should be acceptable," he said when
asked about PDP`s demand for resignation of Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on the issue.
Congress is part of the Omar Abdullah government in the
"If it is a judicial probe which is different from an
ordinary probe which was ordered earlier it is by and large
very judicious," he said.
Syed Mohammad Yousuf, a National Conference worker, died
allegedly in police custody on Friday last after he was
detained for questioning along with two other middle-rung
leaders of the party in connection with a case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray