NC worker death: Azad asks Opp to accept jud probe
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday said the opposition
parties should be satisfied with the judicial probe ordered by
the Jammu and Kashmir government into the alleged custodial
death of a ruling National Conference worker.
Party General Secretary and Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said judicial probe should be "acceptable" to the
"That (judicial) probe should be acceptable," he said when
asked about PDP`s demand for resignation of Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on the issue.
Congress is part of the Omar Abdullah government in the
"If it is a judicial probe which is different from an
ordinary probe which was ordered earlier it is by and large
very judicious," he said.
Syed Mohammad Yousuf, a National Conference worker, died
allegedly in police custody on Friday last after he was
detained for questioning along with two other middle-rung
leaders of the party in connection with a case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?