NC worker`s death J&K`s cash-for-vote scam: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday described the controversy
around National Conference leader Syed Mohammad Yousuf, who
allegedly died in police custody, as Jammu and Kashmir`s
"cash-for-vote" scam and demanded an independent inquiry into
the whole issue.
BJP spokesperson and MP Shahnawaz Hussain said this issue
is not an internal matter of the National Conference. The
opposition has been demanding that Yousuf`s killers be
identified and brought to justice, he said.
"An independent inquiry should be held. This is not an
internal matter of the National Conference. Clean chit given
by the Abdullah family or the party is not important. This is
the cash-for-vote scam of Jammu and Kashmir," Hussain said.
He maintained that there was suspicion about circumstances
of Yousuf`s death as he died soon after leaving the Chief
Yousuf was allegedly reprimanded by Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah for his suspected involvement in some corruption
cases where he had taken money from people to get them
appointed to high offices. He was handed over to the Crime
Branch of the police but reportedly died in custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India