NC worker`s death J&K`s cash-for-vote scam: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday described the controversy
around National Conference leader Syed Mohammad Yousuf, who
allegedly died in police custody, as Jammu and Kashmir`s
"cash-for-vote" scam and demanded an independent inquiry into
the whole issue.
BJP spokesperson and MP Shahnawaz Hussain said this issue
is not an internal matter of the National Conference. The
opposition has been demanding that Yousuf`s killers be
identified and brought to justice, he said.
"An independent inquiry should be held. This is not an
internal matter of the National Conference. Clean chit given
by the Abdullah family or the party is not important. This is
the cash-for-vote scam of Jammu and Kashmir," Hussain said.
He maintained that there was suspicion about circumstances
of Yousuf`s death as he died soon after leaving the Chief
Yousuf was allegedly reprimanded by Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah for his suspected involvement in some corruption
cases where he had taken money from people to get them
appointed to high offices. He was handed over to the Crime
Branch of the police but reportedly died in custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security