NC worker`s death J&K`s cash-for-vote scam: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday described the controversy
around National Conference leader Syed Mohammad Yousuf, who
allegedly died in police custody, as Jammu and Kashmir`s
"cash-for-vote" scam and demanded an independent inquiry into
the whole issue.
BJP spokesperson and MP Shahnawaz Hussain said this issue
is not an internal matter of the National Conference. The
opposition has been demanding that Yousuf`s killers be
identified and brought to justice, he said.
"An independent inquiry should be held. This is not an
internal matter of the National Conference. Clean chit given
by the Abdullah family or the party is not important. This is
the cash-for-vote scam of Jammu and Kashmir," Hussain said.
He maintained that there was suspicion about circumstances
of Yousuf`s death as he died soon after leaving the Chief
Yousuf was allegedly reprimanded by Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah for his suspected involvement in some corruption
cases where he had taken money from people to get them
appointed to high offices. He was handed over to the Crime
Branch of the police but reportedly died in custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...