NC yet to decide on pre-poll alliance with Congress: Omar Abdullah
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said National Conference is yet to take a decision on entering into a pre-poll alliance with its coalition partner in the state, Congress.
"National Conference has not taken a decision yet (on a pre-poll alliance with Congress)," Omar told reporters here on the sidelines of a function.
The NC leader was responding to questions about reports that Congress, at a party meeting in Jammu, has decided to go it alone in the next assembly elections.
Asked if there were any differences between National Conference and Congress, Omar said, "There is no tension. There is still some time to go for the (Assembly) elections."
He said National Conference has given the responsibility to party patron Farooq Abdullah to take a decision on pre-poll alliance.
"Whatever decision he (Farooq) takes will be followed (by party leaders)," Omar said.
National Conference and Congress entered into a post-poll alliance following a hung assembly in 2008 assembly elections.
Although the coalition has functioned smoothly for most part of the past four and half years, there have been occasions when leaders from the two parties have traded charges.
The two parties contested the recent elections to the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council Kargil against each other with Congress getting together enough members to take control of the 26-member council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister