NCP activists protest against Prashant Bhushan
Jammu: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Wednesday held a demonstration and burnt effigy of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Prashant Bhushan for his remarks on referendum in Kashmir.
Over 150 activists of the Jammu and Kashmir unit of Nationalist Youth Congress (NYC), the youth wing of NCP, today held a protest in front of the Press Club here.
The activists shouted anti-AAP and Bhushan slogans and burnt an effigy of the leader. Bhushan had recently said a referendum should be carried out in Kashmir to decide on deployment of the army to deal with security threats in the Valley. However, AAP had distanced itself from his views.
The deployment of Army in the Kashmir Valley is a matter of internal security there is no question of having a referendum on it, president of the J&K unit of NYC Gourav Kapoor, who led the protest, said.
"So-called leaders like Prashant Bhushan whose political life is so short can`t understand internal and external ramifications of Jammu and Kashmir state which is surrounded by foreign powers like Pakistan and China," he said.
It is upto the nation to decide where to deploy Army and where not, Kapoor added. "It is not the first time, but two to three times before also Bhushan gave such anti-India statements on Jammu & Kashmir, which is totally not acceptable, especially by people of the Jammu region," he said.
The protesters demanded that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal apologise to the nation for this "anti-India" remarks by his party leader on Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE 10th result 2016 likely to be declared at 10 am today. Check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 result 2016, CBSE X Board Result
- Suspended JDU MLC Manorama Devi's bail plea rejected by Gaya court
- Is it a bubble or a pony? Sunny Leone's latest hairstyle is something to watch out for!
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level