NCP activists protest against Prashant Bhushan
Jammu: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Wednesday held a demonstration and burnt effigy of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Prashant Bhushan for his remarks on referendum in Kashmir.
Over 150 activists of the Jammu and Kashmir unit of Nationalist Youth Congress (NYC), the youth wing of NCP, today held a protest in front of the Press Club here.
The activists shouted anti-AAP and Bhushan slogans and burnt an effigy of the leader. Bhushan had recently said a referendum should be carried out in Kashmir to decide on deployment of the army to deal with security threats in the Valley. However, AAP had distanced itself from his views.
The deployment of Army in the Kashmir Valley is a matter of internal security there is no question of having a referendum on it, president of the J&K unit of NYC Gourav Kapoor, who led the protest, said.
"So-called leaders like Prashant Bhushan whose political life is so short can`t understand internal and external ramifications of Jammu and Kashmir state which is surrounded by foreign powers like Pakistan and China," he said.
It is upto the nation to decide where to deploy Army and where not, Kapoor added. "It is not the first time, but two to three times before also Bhushan gave such anti-India statements on Jammu & Kashmir, which is totally not acceptable, especially by people of the Jammu region," he said.
The protesters demanded that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal apologise to the nation for this "anti-India" remarks by his party leader on Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city