NCP holds protest against Pak over border firing
Jammu: The NCP Jammu and Kashmir state unit on Thursday staged a dharna here protesting unprovoked firing by Pakistan on BSF outposts and civilians along the International Border.
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) activists, led by its state general secretary Sudarshan Choudhary, condemned the firing and raised slogans against Pakistan during their protest outside the Press Club in Jammu.
Choudhary demanded compensation for the families whose cattle have been killed and houses, shops and other belongings damaged and said the government should make arrangements to shift families living along the border to safer places until the situation becomes normal.
The NCP leader said border scouts should be recruited from among ex-servicemen and retired officers and personnel of the Army and central paramilitary forces as well as youths living in the border areas of the state.
They would be very useful to protect life and property in the border areas, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'