NCP holds protest against Pak over border firing
Jammu: The NCP Jammu and Kashmir state unit on Thursday staged a dharna here protesting unprovoked firing by Pakistan on BSF outposts and civilians along the International Border.
Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) activists, led by its state general secretary Sudarshan Choudhary, condemned the firing and raised slogans against Pakistan during their protest outside the Press Club in Jammu.
Choudhary demanded compensation for the families whose cattle have been killed and houses, shops and other belongings damaged and said the government should make arrangements to shift families living along the border to safer places until the situation becomes normal.
The NCP leader said border scouts should be recruited from among ex-servicemen and retired officers and personnel of the Army and central paramilitary forces as well as youths living in the border areas of the state.
They would be very useful to protect life and property in the border areas, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress