NCP pitches for debate on Art 370
Jammu: Congress` coalition partner in UPA Nationalist Congress Party today pitched strongly for a national debate on Article 370.
"My sincere views are that a thorough debate should be held on the usefulness of the Article 370," Jammu and Kashmir NCP chief Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here.
He alleged that the Article has outlived its utility as it benefited only few politicians and their families and given rise to separatist tendencies in Jammu and Kashmir.
"As far as Article 370 is concerned, it has outlived its utility and... Only few political families have exploited the Article for their personal gains and the provision has given rise to separatist tendencies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi