NCP pitches for debate on Art 370
Jammu: Congress` coalition partner in UPA Nationalist Congress Party today pitched strongly for a national debate on Article 370.
"My sincere views are that a thorough debate should be held on the usefulness of the Article 370," Jammu and Kashmir NCP chief Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here.
He alleged that the Article has outlived its utility as it benefited only few politicians and their families and given rise to separatist tendencies in Jammu and Kashmir.
"As far as Article 370 is concerned, it has outlived its utility and... Only few political families have exploited the Article for their personal gains and the provision has given rise to separatist tendencies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!