NCP pitches for debate on Art 370
Jammu: Congress` coalition partner in UPA Nationalist Congress Party today pitched strongly for a national debate on Article 370.
"My sincere views are that a thorough debate should be held on the usefulness of the Article 370," Jammu and Kashmir NCP chief Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here.
He alleged that the Article has outlived its utility as it benefited only few politicians and their families and given rise to separatist tendencies in Jammu and Kashmir.
"As far as Article 370 is concerned, it has outlived its utility and... Only few political families have exploited the Article for their personal gains and the provision has given rise to separatist tendencies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'