NCP pitches for debate on Art 370
Jammu: Congress` coalition partner in UPA Nationalist Congress Party today pitched strongly for a national debate on Article 370.
"My sincere views are that a thorough debate should be held on the usefulness of the Article 370," Jammu and Kashmir NCP chief Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here.
He alleged that the Article has outlived its utility as it benefited only few politicians and their families and given rise to separatist tendencies in Jammu and Kashmir.
"As far as Article 370 is concerned, it has outlived its utility and... Only few political families have exploited the Article for their personal gains and the provision has given rise to separatist tendencies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog