NCP pitches for debate on Art 370
Jammu: Congress` coalition partner in UPA Nationalist Congress Party today pitched strongly for a national debate on Article 370.
"My sincere views are that a thorough debate should be held on the usefulness of the Article 370," Jammu and Kashmir NCP chief Thakur Randhir Singh told reporters here.
He alleged that the Article has outlived its utility as it benefited only few politicians and their families and given rise to separatist tendencies in Jammu and Kashmir.
"As far as Article 370 is concerned, it has outlived its utility and... Only few political families have exploited the Article for their personal gains and the provision has given rise to separatist tendencies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!