Need for constant reviewing of security at Vaishnodevi: Vohra
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra
today stressed the need for "constant reviewing and
strengthening" of security apparatus in and around the cave
shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi in Trikuta hills of Reasi district.
Reviewing the security measures at a high level meeting
at Raj Bhavan today, the Governor said there was a need for
constant reviewing and strengthening of the security
arrangements at Bhawan complex and all along the track from
Katra -- the base camp of the pilgrimage.
Vohra further said there should be revamp of the security
set up in view of coming navratras and rush of the pilgrims
during the period.
The Governor, who is the chairman of of the Shrine board,
also inspected the security arrangements for the yatra from
Ban Ganga to the holy cave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar