Need for constant reviewing of security at Vaishnodevi: Vohra
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra
today stressed the need for "constant reviewing and
strengthening" of security apparatus in and around the cave
shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi in Trikuta hills of Reasi district.
Reviewing the security measures at a high level meeting
at Raj Bhavan today, the Governor said there was a need for
constant reviewing and strengthening of the security
arrangements at Bhawan complex and all along the track from
Katra -- the base camp of the pilgrimage.
Vohra further said there should be revamp of the security
set up in view of coming navratras and rush of the pilgrims
during the period.
The Governor, who is the chairman of of the Shrine board,
also inspected the security arrangements for the yatra from
Ban Ganga to the holy cave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’