`Need for effective coop among Eurasian countries`
Srinagar: Eurasian countries should work towards effective cooperation to tackle terrorism and fundamentalism and promote economic ties to facilitate free flow of goods, services as well as people, Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra said on Tuesday.
"There is a need for effective cooperation among the regional countries to tackle terrorism and fundamentalism and create a peaceful environment for establishing productive
economic ties which will lead to speedy progress and prosperity of the people," Vohra said while inaugurating a four-day International Conference on `Globalisation and Eurasia: Changes and Challenges` here.
The conference, organised by the Centre of Central Asian Studies and University of Kashmir, was also addressed among others by former diplomat Rajiv Sikri.
The Governor said there was an urgent need for reviving and strengthening historical, cultural and economic links among the Eurasian countries by surmounting all
"There is also a need for creating a sustained environment which enables free flow of goods, services, expertise, technologies, finances and movement of nationals
for promoting the prosperity and well being of the countries," he said.
Governor said the situation in the past decades in our neighbourhood has adversely impacted the development and economic growth of Jammu and Kashmir
Sikri in his keynote address gave an over view of the geo-political and economic scenario of Eurasia and future possibilities of putting in place strong economic cooperation in the region.
He opined that bold, innovative and long-term initiatives are needed for engendering greater economic cooperation in Eurasia, particularly in the globalised world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves