`Need for effective coop among Eurasian countries`
Srinagar: Eurasian countries should work towards effective cooperation to tackle terrorism and fundamentalism and promote economic ties to facilitate free flow of goods, services as well as people, Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra said on Tuesday.
"There is a need for effective cooperation among the regional countries to tackle terrorism and fundamentalism and create a peaceful environment for establishing productive
economic ties which will lead to speedy progress and prosperity of the people," Vohra said while inaugurating a four-day International Conference on `Globalisation and Eurasia: Changes and Challenges` here.
The conference, organised by the Centre of Central Asian Studies and University of Kashmir, was also addressed among others by former diplomat Rajiv Sikri.
The Governor said there was an urgent need for reviving and strengthening historical, cultural and economic links among the Eurasian countries by surmounting all
"There is also a need for creating a sustained environment which enables free flow of goods, services, expertise, technologies, finances and movement of nationals
for promoting the prosperity and well being of the countries," he said.
Governor said the situation in the past decades in our neighbourhood has adversely impacted the development and economic growth of Jammu and Kashmir
Sikri in his keynote address gave an over view of the geo-political and economic scenario of Eurasia and future possibilities of putting in place strong economic cooperation in the region.
He opined that bold, innovative and long-term initiatives are needed for engendering greater economic cooperation in Eurasia, particularly in the globalised world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi