`Need for effective coop among Eurasian countries`
Srinagar: Eurasian countries should work towards effective cooperation to tackle terrorism and fundamentalism and promote economic ties to facilitate free flow of goods, services as well as people, Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra said on Tuesday.
"There is a need for effective cooperation among the regional countries to tackle terrorism and fundamentalism and create a peaceful environment for establishing productive
economic ties which will lead to speedy progress and prosperity of the people," Vohra said while inaugurating a four-day International Conference on `Globalisation and Eurasia: Changes and Challenges` here.
The conference, organised by the Centre of Central Asian Studies and University of Kashmir, was also addressed among others by former diplomat Rajiv Sikri.
The Governor said there was an urgent need for reviving and strengthening historical, cultural and economic links among the Eurasian countries by surmounting all
"There is also a need for creating a sustained environment which enables free flow of goods, services, expertise, technologies, finances and movement of nationals
for promoting the prosperity and well being of the countries," he said.
Governor said the situation in the past decades in our neighbourhood has adversely impacted the development and economic growth of Jammu and Kashmir
Sikri in his keynote address gave an over view of the geo-political and economic scenario of Eurasia and future possibilities of putting in place strong economic cooperation in the region.
He opined that bold, innovative and long-term initiatives are needed for engendering greater economic cooperation in Eurasia, particularly in the globalised world.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged