Need to enhance security during Amarnath yatra: IGP
Jammu: A senior officer of Jammu and Kashmir police today reviewed the security setup during Amarnath yatra and called for enhanced vigil and security arrangements during the yatra starting from June 28.
Inspector General of Police (IGP), Jammu Zone, Rajesh Kumar said the security and vigilance should be enhanced in coordinated manner besides the need for proper regulation of yatra convoys on the national highway and provision of basic amenities at lodging centres.
Exhorting the officers concerned to take note of the highlighted areas of concerns, he emphasised on wide publicity through media to educate people to undertake their pilgrimage only on the dates as per their registration to avoid inconvenience.
He also asked the officers to ensure close and effective coordination at all the levels for better management of things on ground.
IGP yesterday had chaired a meeting of officers of intelligence agencies, CRPF, BSF, Army, Police, Armed, IRP, Traffic, Security, SDRF and civil administration in zonal police headquarters here to take stock of the preparedness for smooth and peaceful conduct of the yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!