Need to strengthen counter-infiltration grid: Jammu IGP
Jammu: There is a need to strengthen the counter-infiltration grid as attempts have been made from
across the border to push in militants this side, Jammu Police chief said Friday.
"There is the need of strengthening counter-infiltration grid as desperate attempts have been made from across the border to push militants on this side," Inspector General of Police (IGP), Jammu Zone, Rajesh Kumar said.
"Although all such attempts have been foiled but there is a need of maintaining utmost vigil not only on LoC but also in the hinterland," the Jammu Provincial Police chief said.
Kumar visited Rajouri and held a security review meeting with Dy Inspector General of Police A K Atri, SSP (Rajouri) Mubassir Latifi, SSP (Poonch) Shamsher Hussain and senior civil and Army police officers from twin border districts of Rajouri and Poonch.
The IGP said during the review, he called upon all officers to be vigilant and ensure that there is no law and order problem as some forces, inimical to peace, are desperate to vitiate the atmosphere, he said.
Thread-bare discussions were held on various security measures in the run-up to August 15, he said.
He took stock of the progress of security and other allied arrangements being made for the Independence Day celebrations and for the forthcoming festivals of Eid-ul-Fitr, Raksha Bandhan, Budha Amarnath Yatra and Janamashtami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor