`Need to strengthen police infrastructure`
Jammu: There is a need to stress on infrastructural development to meet the future requirements of police organisation, Director General of Police (DGP) Ashok Prasad said on Monday.
"We stress on prospective planning in infrastructural development keeping in view the future requirements of police organisation," the DGP said at a function here.
He said sufficient infrastructure was must for efficient delivery and therefore, Jammu and Kashmir Police organisation has been focusing on strengthening its housing infrastructure across the state to provide its personnel better living and working facilities.
A mega construction plan has been undertaken under the modernisation programme with the aim to house all offices in well equipped buildings, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?