`Need to strengthen police infrastructure`
Jammu: There is a need to stress on infrastructural development to meet the future requirements of police organisation, Director General of Police (DGP) Ashok Prasad said on Monday.
"We stress on prospective planning in infrastructural development keeping in view the future requirements of police organisation," the DGP said at a function here.
He said sufficient infrastructure was must for efficient delivery and therefore, Jammu and Kashmir Police organisation has been focusing on strengthening its housing infrastructure across the state to provide its personnel better living and working facilities.
A mega construction plan has been undertaken under the modernisation programme with the aim to house all offices in well equipped buildings, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet