Never dreamt for PM`s post: Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Asserting his political agenda is not focused on obtaining the chair but to serve the people of Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said, he has never dreamt for the post of Prime Minister.
"I have never dreamt for the post of Prime Minister. If I serve the people of Jammu and Kashmir in the best possible way, it will be the biggest thing for me," Omar said here.
Omar, who was replying to a question of a student at a function here regarding his role if he becomes the country`s Prime Minister, said "there are several people in the queue."
"First of all people of Jammu and Kashmir has given me a chance to serve them and my endeavour will be to serve them in the best possible way," he said.
Referring to Jammu and Kashmir as a special state, he said, "nobody is seeking answers about the happenings from any other state - it is being asked what is the situation in Jammu and Kashmir - whether the state is peaceful or not".
My endeavour is to serve people and steer the state towards peace, prosperity and development, he said, adding that some politicians may have political aim of obtaining power, "but my politics revolve around public service".
Nothing is permanent and people replace others like in sports, he said.
The Chief Minister said, all politicians are not with motivated interests, but aim to serve people.
"Like in other fields of life, there may be some bad politicians in politics, but majority of them are good people committed to serving people and nation," he said and asked students not to shun the desire of entering politics after completing their studies by getting disappointed with the performance and actions of some politicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!