Never dreamt for PM`s post: Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Asserting his political agenda is not focused on obtaining the chair but to serve the people of Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said, he has never dreamt for the post of Prime Minister.
"I have never dreamt for the post of Prime Minister. If I serve the people of Jammu and Kashmir in the best possible way, it will be the biggest thing for me," Omar said here.
Omar, who was replying to a question of a student at a function here regarding his role if he becomes the country`s Prime Minister, said "there are several people in the queue."
"First of all people of Jammu and Kashmir has given me a chance to serve them and my endeavour will be to serve them in the best possible way," he said.
Referring to Jammu and Kashmir as a special state, he said, "nobody is seeking answers about the happenings from any other state - it is being asked what is the situation in Jammu and Kashmir - whether the state is peaceful or not".
My endeavour is to serve people and steer the state towards peace, prosperity and development, he said, adding that some politicians may have political aim of obtaining power, "but my politics revolve around public service".
Nothing is permanent and people replace others like in sports, he said.
The Chief Minister said, all politicians are not with motivated interests, but aim to serve people.
"Like in other fields of life, there may be some bad politicians in politics, but majority of them are good people committed to serving people and nation," he said and asked students not to shun the desire of entering politics after completing their studies by getting disappointed with the performance and actions of some politicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch