New born murdered in Kashmir for being born out of wedlock
Srinagar: Police in Kashmir’s Kupwara district have arrested a government doctor and his two associates for murdering a one-day-old infant.
“On 10/10/2012, Kupwara police recovered body of a new born from a Nallah. After thorough investigation police traced the woman who had given birth to the baby and subsequently concealed the facts. On her questioning she revealed the name of the doctor and other two accused who had carried out the delivery and subsequently murdered the baby before throwing its body into the nallah,” the police said in a statement, Kashmir Times reported.
Sources said the new born was killed because it was born out of wedlock.
The villagers have demanded strict action against the accused.
The doctor has been identified as Shan-i-Alam, a gynaecologist at the sub-district hospital, Kupwara. He, along with his aides, has been remanded to police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan