New born murdered in Kashmir for being born out of wedlock
Srinagar: Police in Kashmir’s Kupwara district have arrested a government doctor and his two associates for murdering a one-day-old infant.
“On 10/10/2012, Kupwara police recovered body of a new born from a Nallah. After thorough investigation police traced the woman who had given birth to the baby and subsequently concealed the facts. On her questioning she revealed the name of the doctor and other two accused who had carried out the delivery and subsequently murdered the baby before throwing its body into the nallah,” the police said in a statement, Kashmir Times reported.
Sources said the new born was killed because it was born out of wedlock.
The villagers have demanded strict action against the accused.
The doctor has been identified as Shan-i-Alam, a gynaecologist at the sub-district hospital, Kupwara. He, along with his aides, has been remanded to police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon