New born murdered in Kashmir for being born out of wedlock
Srinagar: Police in Kashmir’s Kupwara district have arrested a government doctor and his two associates for murdering a one-day-old infant.
“On 10/10/2012, Kupwara police recovered body of a new born from a Nallah. After thorough investigation police traced the woman who had given birth to the baby and subsequently concealed the facts. On her questioning she revealed the name of the doctor and other two accused who had carried out the delivery and subsequently murdered the baby before throwing its body into the nallah,” the police said in a statement, Kashmir Times reported.
Sources said the new born was killed because it was born out of wedlock.
The villagers have demanded strict action against the accused.
The doctor has been identified as Shan-i-Alam, a gynaecologist at the sub-district hospital, Kupwara. He, along with his aides, has been remanded to police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM