New Kashmir zone IGP reviews control room operations
Srinagar: A day after taking over as the new Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Kashmir zone, Abdul Ghani Mir on Sunday chaired a meeting at police control room here to review the functioning of its various sections.
During the meeting, Mir stressed that the control room should "remain alive round the clock" to tackle any situation, an official spokesperson said.
The IGP directed the officers to bring innovation and swiftness to ensure effective delivery of services, he added.
He also suggested a slew of measures for strengthening the system at the control room, the spokesperson said.
The meeting was attended by DIG (Central Kashmir Range) SA Mujtaba, SSP (PCR) Sheikh Mahmood, SSP Srinagar SAH Bukhari, among others.
The IGP earlier also inspected different sections of the zonal police headquarters here, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand