New Kashmir zone IGP reviews control room operations
Srinagar: A day after taking over as the new Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Kashmir zone, Abdul Ghani Mir on Sunday chaired a meeting at police control room here to review the functioning of its various sections.
During the meeting, Mir stressed that the control room should "remain alive round the clock" to tackle any situation, an official spokesperson said.
The IGP directed the officers to bring innovation and swiftness to ensure effective delivery of services, he added.
He also suggested a slew of measures for strengthening the system at the control room, the spokesperson said.
The meeting was attended by DIG (Central Kashmir Range) SA Mujtaba, SSP (PCR) Sheikh Mahmood, SSP Srinagar SAH Bukhari, among others.
The IGP earlier also inspected different sections of the zonal police headquarters here, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam