New Kashmir zone IGP reviews control room operations
Srinagar: A day after taking over as the new Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Kashmir zone, Abdul Ghani Mir on Sunday chaired a meeting at police control room here to review the functioning of its various sections.
During the meeting, Mir stressed that the control room should "remain alive round the clock" to tackle any situation, an official spokesperson said.
The IGP directed the officers to bring innovation and swiftness to ensure effective delivery of services, he added.
He also suggested a slew of measures for strengthening the system at the control room, the spokesperson said.
The meeting was attended by DIG (Central Kashmir Range) SA Mujtaba, SSP (PCR) Sheikh Mahmood, SSP Srinagar SAH Bukhari, among others.
The IGP earlier also inspected different sections of the zonal police headquarters here, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her