New Kashmir zone IGP reviews control room operations
Srinagar: A day after taking over as the new Inspector General of Police (IGP) of Kashmir zone, Abdul Ghani Mir on Sunday chaired a meeting at police control room here to review the functioning of its various sections.
During the meeting, Mir stressed that the control room should "remain alive round the clock" to tackle any situation, an official spokesperson said.
The IGP directed the officers to bring innovation and swiftness to ensure effective delivery of services, he added.
He also suggested a slew of measures for strengthening the system at the control room, the spokesperson said.
The meeting was attended by DIG (Central Kashmir Range) SA Mujtaba, SSP (PCR) Sheikh Mahmood, SSP Srinagar SAH Bukhari, among others.
The IGP earlier also inspected different sections of the zonal police headquarters here, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?