New route for Kailash Mansarovar yatra
Pithoragarh: The Centre has
charted a new route for the annual Kailash Mansarovar yatra this year due to landslides that occur generally in the old
Pilgrims, on their arrival at Almora, will now be sent to
Chaukori via Bageswar, instead of Pithoragarh, the route used
"These changes have been made as the route from Almora to
Chaukori via Bageswar has been found safe compared to the
previous route where frequent landslides generally occur during the pilgrimage period," A S Nayal, Managing Director of
Kumaun Mandal Vikash Nigam, said.
Nayal had attended a review meeting on the yatra`s
preparation in New Delhi on Friday.
Dharchula, Sirkha, Gala, Bundi and Gunji are other
places that are part of the yatra circuit, he said.
The yatra will begin on June 1 and 16 batches of pilgrims
will be sent like in previous years.
"Due to the new route chart, pilgrims will not only be
able to visit ancient temples of Someswar and Baijnath Kosi
`They will, however, be able to perform puja at
Jageswar Dham which was not part of earlier yatras," said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it