New route for Kailash Mansarovar yatra
Pithoragarh: The Centre has
charted a new route for the annual Kailash Mansarovar yatra this year due to landslides that occur generally in the old
Pilgrims, on their arrival at Almora, will now be sent to
Chaukori via Bageswar, instead of Pithoragarh, the route used
"These changes have been made as the route from Almora to
Chaukori via Bageswar has been found safe compared to the
previous route where frequent landslides generally occur during the pilgrimage period," A S Nayal, Managing Director of
Kumaun Mandal Vikash Nigam, said.
Nayal had attended a review meeting on the yatra`s
preparation in New Delhi on Friday.
Dharchula, Sirkha, Gala, Bundi and Gunji are other
places that are part of the yatra circuit, he said.
The yatra will begin on June 1 and 16 batches of pilgrims
will be sent like in previous years.
"Due to the new route chart, pilgrims will not only be
able to visit ancient temples of Someswar and Baijnath Kosi
`They will, however, be able to perform puja at
Jageswar Dham which was not part of earlier yatras," said
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman