New SOPs for surrendering J&K militants soon: RK Singh
Gurgaon: A new set of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Kashmiri militants, who want to enter India through the Nepal border for surrendering under a special scheme, will be rolled out soon, Union Home Secretary RK Singh said on Monday.
"We have got comments of all stakeholders on the subject. And the improved procedures, I think, will be out in a few days," Singh told reporters on the sidelines of a seminar here.
The issue had come to light following the arrest of suspected Hizbul militant Liyaqat Shah by the Delhi Police from Indo-Nepal border area.
While the Delhi Police had claimed that Shah was a `fidayeen` attacker and planning to target Delhi during `Holi` festivities, its Jammu and Kashmir counterpart has maintained that Shah was on way to the state to avail the J&K government`s rehabilitation policy for surrendered militants.
After protest by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, the Home Ministry had asked the National Investigation Agency to find out the circumstances leading to the arrest of Shah.
The Home Secretary said J&K Police will "come and escort" these people (militants) from the border to the state and they would also carry out "background checks" of these individuals.
Singh was at the National Security Guard (NSG) campus in Manesar here for delivering a speech on counter-terrorism.
Over 260 ex-militants have returned to Jammu and Kashmir via Nepal under a special surrender and rehabilitation policy. Minister of State for Home R P N Singh, on April 30 had informed Lok Sabha, that about 262 ex-militants have returned via Nepal since 2010 and till April 10 this year as per reports of J&K Police.
J&K Police, Army, Indo-Nepal border guarding force Sashastra Seema Bal, Intelligence Bureau and the RAW are among the major stakeholders on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'