NHRC issues notice to Centre on civilian deaths in J&K
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has sought a reply from the Centre on a complaint alleging that several civilians were recently killed
by the CRPF in Jammu and Kashmir.
Issuing a notice to Union Home Secretary, the Commission asked him to send a reply on the allegations by August 19, the NHRC said in a statement.
"The National Human Rights Commission has forwarded a complaint to the Home Secretary, Government of India wherein attention has been drawn to recent developments in Jammu & Kashmir in which several individuals, including children, were
allegedly killed by the CRPF," it said.
The Commission received the complaint from Sushobha Barve of the Centre for Dialogue and Reconciliation on Wednesday, the NHRC said. The notice was issued yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion