NHRC issues notice to Centre on civilian deaths in J&K
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has sought a reply from the Centre on a complaint alleging that several civilians were recently killed
by the CRPF in Jammu and Kashmir.
Issuing a notice to Union Home Secretary, the Commission asked him to send a reply on the allegations by August 19, the NHRC said in a statement.
"The National Human Rights Commission has forwarded a complaint to the Home Secretary, Government of India wherein attention has been drawn to recent developments in Jammu & Kashmir in which several individuals, including children, were
allegedly killed by the CRPF," it said.
The Commission received the complaint from Sushobha Barve of the Centre for Dialogue and Reconciliation on Wednesday, the NHRC said. The notice was issued yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- LIVE: This is the first Prime Minister-like action by Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’